Since we're going to have public appearances shortly, a goal for this vacation was to fix Penn's blanket clip. When I clipped Penn last time, the edges were bad. From side to side, the pattern wasn't even. The blanket clip didn't meet up properly at his tail. Then there are the areas that just didn't get clipped - behind his ears and near his poll, armpits, flanks.
Saturday was the warmest day of my time off, so I opted to fix it all on day 1 of vacation.
I also opted to drug Penn for it so I could clip him in the barn aisle instead of trapping him in his stall. Domosedan is great stuff. Only I didn't realize how much of a lightweight Penn is- I gave him less than Mikey's usual mane pulling dose and he looked like this for a while... long after I was done clipping him.
Penn also got to rock his new Smart Pak Ultimate Turnout medium weight blanket and hood!