Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Year End Awards

PRIZES AND MEDALS, ERMYGERD

My bronze medal arrived this past weekend, but I missed it since I was away having adventures with Austen. Every year, medals are awarded at a USDF ceremony in Kentucky at the end of the season. I couldn't go since GP Trainer was here for a clinic that weekend. No worries, if you can't be there, they'll mail you your award mid-December.

I have been waiting (impatiently) for mid-December. I can't imagine earning a medal right after Decemeber then having to wait almost a year for them to be awarded!

I have also been waiting (impatiently) for my NDPC Small Horse awards. Since Penn isn't registered, I figured the next best thing was signing up for National Dressage Pony Cup, Small Horse Division. "Small Horse" can be his breed, lol. We've been accumulating scores all season, and they had degrees of difficulty added to them and were averaged then compared to all the other Small Horses that registered.

The season closed on 10/31/17, with the final list being put out mid-November...

   5th/18 First Level AA
   5th/8 Second Level AA
   7th/9 Third Level AA

While the Third Level award is the lowest place of the three and in a small division, I don't care. We won a HUGE PURPLE RIBBON. I have to say, that was the most exciting part of getting our awards.

Penn and I covered so much ground this year- first to third. Second and Third were new levels for Penn, and he rose to the occasion wonderfully for a pretty successful year!

7 comments:

  1. Omg you had SUCH an exciting mail weekend, haha! Penn is such a great example of the small horse breed, too. 😉

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great mail day!!! WOOOOOOOO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really you got the prettiest colored ribbons of them all! Congrats on owning the shit out of this year!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!! Beautiful ribbons

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those ribbons are gorgeous!! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cool idea!! Congrats on the glorious swag.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Damn if those aren't some gorgeous freaking ribbons! Well done.

    ReplyDelete