Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Mad Dash

OMG! All the entry forms!


I sent in Penn's first recognized show entry form yesterday! Yay! So exciting. USEF also came through on Penn's lifetime membership and got that through without me having to rush it. Also yay!

I was paroozing the websites of the other shows that I wanted to go to this summer on a whim at lunch today. I realized that not only does the May 21/22 show close on 5/9, but the June 5 show closes on 5/15, and the June 11 & June 12 shows close on 5/11.

I put too much effort into acquiring this gif. 

**cue mad paper dash so entries can go out with the 3pm mail- coggins, vaccine record, verification cards, entry forms, checks, envelopes, etc**

The June 5 show had to be hand written and mailed. Easy peasy!

The June 11/12 show does online entries with an echeck for no additional fee (Yay! The May 20/21 show was going to charge me 5% of an over $300 entry to pay online. Umm, no. I'll use a 40 some odd cent stamp). But I couldn't work out how to send Penn's coggins with the entry, or associate his USEF number with his USDF number so that he'd be all Qualifying legal. If I had to mail the coggins after the fact, well then, why the hell am I doing it online? I didn't have time to work it out, so the entry information got typed into the form on the computer and printed. Of course since that weekend is actually two different shows, I needed to print two different entries (aka fill in all the same info twice because each day had a different form), two card verifications, two coggins, etc. Basically, it's a lot of paper to stuff in a single envelope when I don't have access to a scale to check the weight against the 1oz mail rule. So I sent each show day in its own envelope because there isn't enough time to risk a return to sender.

Just lose the boots and he'd be ready to play in the recognized ring.

So moral of the story, everyone be aware of your close dates!

12 comments:

  1. Ah yes this is a good reminder for me as well! You guys will do great. *goes off on own paper dash*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad it reminded you! Good luck in your own dash! And thanks!

      Delete
  2. I'm pretty sure I will be panicking when I start showing. So many things to remember. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How long did your USEF horse # take? I paid for mine like 6-8 weeks ago and haven't heard a word from them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Penn got a lifetime membership, not just a number- I paid for it on 3/29 and they processed it 4/28. I logged into my USEF account and live chatted with them to ask how to rush it, and they said they were processing his that day. The lady I talked to processed it right then for me. You did just the free number right? That should be available right away- Penn's lifetime number was showing up as a horse ID number instead of life while the whole thing was still processing. Check his USEF card in your account and see if it says processing on it. Also see if you can pull it up properly on http://www.eqverification.org/default.aspx.

      Delete
    2. Oh now I feel a little daft. Got it. Thanks!

      Delete
    3. No worries! I would never have known if I couldn't compare Penn's card to Mikey's!

      Delete
  4. Awesome!! Can't wait to hear about how all these shows go. He looks so dashing in that last picture!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll admit that I'm slightly panicky. I had to make some decisions that I didn't think I'd need to make so soon... Like only riding 3 classes on the June 11/12 weekend. I was hopeful we'd have everything worked out so he'd be comfortable riding 4 classes, but I didn't want to take a chance... Also I overpaid for qualifying classes I hope- I'll get to ride in 5 qualifying classes by the end of the June 12 show, and paying for them all right now means I've overpaid if I get my two qualifying scores in the first two shows!

      Delete
  5. Sad story - I had hoped to do a recognized dressage show at the end of the month but just realized that not only is the closing date upon us already, but I have zero of my memberships in order. Womp.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! Rush everything? Also, you shouldn't need any time for hid numbers for Izzy and memberships for you. Pay the non member fee on your entry and send the right cards to the secretary when they're available. Then you'll get a refund. But you should call the secretary about that first. Or see if they're taking late entries!

      Delete